Suggestion: Check for %WinDir% folder name.

Jun 10, 2011 at 6:31 AM

Hi,

It appears the tool uses c:\Windows as the default folder name when agent deployment. I would suggest it detects the Windows folder name as I have tried to use the tool against Windows 2000 servers that have a c:\Winnt without success.

Regards,

Ben 

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2011 at 7:40 AM

Hi,

I haven't hard coded the "C:\windows". The tool looks for WindowsDirectory property value in Win32_OperatingSystem WMI class on remote computer. Unfortunately I have no Windows Server 2000 available to test this. I'm not sure but it might be that this WMI class might have been different in Windows Server 2000. Actually, so far I've stated that the tool supports Windows Server 2003+ and Windows XP SP2+.

Perhaps you know of some method how to determine Windows directory path from WMI on Windows Server 2000?

Jun 10, 2011 at 7:52 AM

Hi!

Many thanks for such a fast response! I checked Technet and you are quering the correct WMI class which is supported by Windows 2000, it is entirely possible that WMI is completely broken on the server I was looking at... If I find any thing else interesting I will pass on info.

Regards,

Ben