New Features

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Hi

Can you add some features to SCCM C.A.T like remote prompt command and copy file to a remote computer(s).

Thanks

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2011 at 9:00 PM
Edited Aug 30, 2011 at 9:04 PM

I welcome these new feature requests. Just to make sure I understood right - by remote prompt you mean remotely showing some kind of message to users?

Copy file function would only copy a single file? If you have SCCM in your environment, you could also copy files by advertising such package to your workstations. Or what's the reason for such need?

Aug 31, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Remote Prompt feature - to execute commands like nbtstat -c, tasklist and other commands. I can do this with PSEXEC but I would like to Centralize my troubleshootings with only one tool.

Copy file Feature = This feature copy file to a machines without clients, one example to use this feature is a copy of LMHOST file to 20 Desktops without client.

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Ok, this remote prompt feature may turn out to be a challenge as this is a HTML application and it's using scripting engine only. I can check the possibilities, but I have a feeling that without including psexec with this tool, it may not be possible.

I will consider adding copy file feature to next version.

Thank you!