Check for Management Points

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Would it be possible to add a check for the management points, including Proxy MPs that clients are assigned too?

Jan 10, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Hi,

Do you mean to check if client is assigned to or to get the site code of current local MP?

"Check assigned site" action will check if client is assigned to MP and will also log the MP site code. However, if you'd like to see what is the local MP for a client then I think I could create additional action for that.

Jan 16, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Edited Jan 16, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Yeah the local MP would be best, All our clients have the main MP set but would be nice to make sure they also have also got an assigned local MP.

BTW keep up the good work, this Client is really awesome!

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I suppose you already noticed that v1.0 has a new action "Get management point" - this will determine local MP on client. It will show information about both assigned site and closest proxy MP.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:14 PM
I haven't noticed yet as I only downloaded the newer version on Monday Ans didn't get looking at it. I'm back to work tomorrow so I'll check it out then.

Thanks again!

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S2
Feb 27, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Could you tell me where the Managment info is obtained from?  I have a client that shows the Proxy MP to be an SMS server yet when I check the same client in SCCM Client Center it points to the SCCM Proxy MP.

Just curious as to why two client software tools report different results.

Feb 27, 2012 at 12:04 PM

SCCM CAT determines management point information from WMI "root\ccm" namespace.

Management point is queried from "CurrentManagementPoint" property of "SMS_Authority" class.
Proxy management point is queried from "Name" property of "SMS_LocalMP" class.