Client Install

Aug 17, 2011 at 10:31 PM

With the client install being setup to run under the system account as a scheduled task, how do you get around the permission denied reaching out to the UNC path?

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2011 at 7:18 AM
Edited Aug 18, 2011 at 7:32 AM

I'm not getting around the UNC path permissions. The folder with client files on server should allow read access to domain computers in order SYSTEM account could download installation files. I admit that I should've mentioned this "minor matter" in the documentation.

I have updated the documentation.

Aug 18, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Thank you, that was the missing piece that made the install process sucessful.

Great tool and thank you for sharing it with everyone.

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Edited Oct 21, 2012 at 11:26 PM

hello,

I just started using this program, it is great and very helpful.

but I have a question regarding the account you use to create scheduled tasks, is that possible to use a provided domain account to schedule a task ? 

in fact, i even added Domain computers group to both share permission and nt security, but scheduled task just could not start for some reason. that's why want to know if i can schedule install task under domain account name

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Hi,

You can specify alternate credentials (1 or more) that are used during execution.

Here’s the link to documentation: http://sccmcat.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Using%20Alternate%20Credentials

Best regards,

Christjan Schumann

Sent: 22. oktoober 2012 0:20
To: c@itminutes.net
Subject: Re: Client Install [sccmcat:269476]

hello,

I just started using this program, it is great and very helpful.

but I have a question regarding the account you use to create scheduled tasks, is that possible to use a provided domain account to schedule a task ?