Install Client another source option

Oct 10, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Hi pr3m

Can you add another(s) source to "Install Client" Option like example \\server1\client and \\server2\client and \\server12\client ?

In eviroment with > 500 clients this option may the acelerate the install process.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the idea!

How would this work? Do you want to specify multiple paths and then clients will try each path till they find the one that is reachable?

Currently SCCM CAT just starts remote process on each remote computer (eg \\server1\client\setup.exe <PARAMETERS>). So if there are multiple paths then it will be difficult to specify which path is correct for which client.

May be you can explain a little bit how you would like this to work?

Oct 10, 2011 at 9:56 PM
Edited Oct 11, 2011 at 1:33 PM

My idea is use the parameter source multiple times like this : Ccmsetup.exe /source:"\\SERVER1\Client" /source:"\\SERVER2\Client" /source:"\\SERVER12\Client" for the client get the best source for download. I always use this command in a .bat file and I don´t have problems.

I dont know hta very well but maybe you can use the option like multiple users authentication to make this feature.

Do you understand what I have in my mind?

Thanks

Coordinator
Oct 11, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Ok, now I get the idea. Using /source parameter multiple times enables clients to select the best source.

That's a great idea, and it will be added to the issue tracker as a feature request in next version.

Thank you for the contribution!